Work procedure and fees
Smiling Faces will help you through the process step by step. From the moment you contact us until the candidate starts to work at your family and/or departs to her country of origin. To get you the best support at home, we discuss the following steps.
We offer different services depending on support or care you need. Our first priority is to map out your desires and give you advice. You can let us know by filling in our registration form or by scheduling an intake call or house visit.
2. Cost calculation
A mediation fee applies for the Smiling Faces' services. The candidates that Smiling Faces provide are not employed by Smiling Faces. Plane tickets, insurance, salary or pocket money are not included in the mediation fee.
The candidates who Smiling Faces mediates, are eligible to KOT (Childcare allowance from the government) and a PGB (Persoonsgebonden Budget), except for au pairs. The costs per month for your help at home will depend per service, qualities of the candidate, the amount of hours, hour rate, the amount of children, your PGB and/or your income. Smiling Faces can give you an indication calculation. Pay attention to this, it is always an indication and no rights can be derived to this calculation.
3. House visit
A house visit fee is 100 euro plus travel expenses. For every kilometer from Rotterdam, we calculate €0,26. Our house visits are scheduled during the day. If you are interested, please let us know and we arrange an appointment.
4. Search assignment
The mediation fee depends on what candidate you require. If the candidate needs to have a lot of experience and specific skills, the fee falls in a different price category. The collaboration between you and Smiling Faces is documented in the contract. The search fee is 30% of the mediation fee, which is to be paid before we start searching for a suitable candidate for your family. The remaining 70% is the match fee is paid when there is a match between your family and the candidate.
5. Contact with the candidate & match
After you have signed the agreement and your family profile is completed, we will present one or more candidates to you. When you think you have found the right candidate(s), we will arrange a phone call or meeting at your house. Once you have found the right candidate, and the candidate has confirmed the match, both you and the candidate sign a Match Confirmation.
7. A great year together
Three or four weeks after the candidate arrives, we will conduct an evaluation call to discuss how things are going between you and the candidate. Smiling Faces also runs the Enjoy & Explore Holland program for foreign candidates. This program consists out of 2/4 BONAPA outings, a Dutch course, our Facebook community and our monthly Meet & Greet meetings. This gives the candidate enough time to meet other candidates.